The OTCN Network
Together with the very largely volunteer leaders of our member groups and events networks, we have created a dynamic, two-way communications channel. Our ethos is to promote and help our members, which in turn supports businesses in Oxfordshire.
A full listing of our member groups is available on our
Member Organisations page. Some are called Chambers; others have taken a different name. Each operates its own organisation in the way its own members choose.
- To share ideas and best practice.
- To share experience of common issues that local Chambers and similar
groups are tackling in Oxfordshire.
- To promote the principle of Town Chambers and similar business groupings.
- To promote within the Network the activities of each of the partners in case there are common
interests, possible links or, at the simplest level, date clashes to be avoided.
- To engage members of these groups in a more cohesive way in lobbying local authorities and other decision makers.
- To develop a web portal as a focal point for the activities of the Network partners, linked to the
websites of those Town Chambers or business groups that have their own.
- To increase the membership of our members with
NetworkB and a business benefits package.
- To scope and implement initiatives which support the Network and its members.
- To co-ordinate and centralise a programme of events across Oxfordshire.
The page events_network.htm lists our member events networks.
The driving force behind the Network is a not-for-profit-limited-company called OTCN Ltd. It is working on three main areas of work:
- Promoting OTCN as a valuable channel of communication to and with business for public sector, volunteer, community and commercial organisations.
- Delivering projects that support the key objective of OTCN.
- Creating and/or facilitating the development of new events and networks where there are gaps in the market not filled by member organisations.